Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nothing Like Us

The song Nothing Like Us written and sung by Justin Bieber, is both very deep and personal. Although it only came out today, you can tell it is about his recent break up with Selena Gomez. His message is very clear, and he uses many techniques to portray it. Including the lyrics and the way he sings the song. I think that lots of people can relate to the song as well.

The message of the song is that he and Selena were perfect for each other and how he is confused why they broke up. He expresses the message through really strong lyrics. The chorus of the song goes, "There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me through the storm." This made me think that maybe this part was just him trying to show how he felt about there relationship. The lyrics that I think really sums up the message throughout the story is, "I gave you everything, baby, everything I had. Girl, why did you have to push me away? Lost in confusion, like an illusion. You know I'm used to making your day." The line really sums up the entire message of the story. When he says, "I gave you everything, baby, everything I had to give. Girl, why did you have to push me away?" It was like him saying that he tried as hard as he could and he doesn't understand why she felt they needed to break up. The line where he says, "Lost in confusion, like an illusion." That is him portraying his confusion throughout the entire break up. When he compares confusion to an illusion, it seems to me like he is saying that the whole thing seems unreal. As if it isn't really happening.

Another thing Justin does to portray his message is the way he sings the song, and the accompaniment. Justin put this song on his album Believe Acoustic, as a bonus track. So, on the record Justin is accompanied by only a piano. He also sings the song very naturally, with no auto sung notes, just purely him. Using this technique he makes the song really deep and personal. It's really emotional and compelling, you can practically here the pain in his voice. Also, this makes it feel like Justin is in the room singing it live in front of you, which helps make it relatable to fans.

This song can be relatable to many people as well. Anyone who has been broken up with can relate to it, Obviously. But, also anyone who had a friendship that ended. I know from experience that it's hard when someone who you thought was your friend, leaves you alone in the dark. I'm sure many fans have dealt with similar experiences as well, whether it be a friendship or relationship that ended.

In conclusion, that is why Justin Bieber's song Nothing Like You is the most amazing song EVER! It has a clear message that is deep, emotional, and compelling. He used strong lyrics and acoustic singing to help portray the message and make it more personal. It is also a song that many people can relate to. I think that whether you are a fan of Justin Bieber or not, it's hard not to like this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment