Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Good At Something

The picture book Annabelle Swift, Kindergartner by Amy Schwarts, is about a little girl who is just starting kindergarten. Her older sister teaches her about what they learn in kindergarten. Annabelle soon realizes that her sister was wrong, and starts to feel stupid, like she can't do anything. I think that the theme of the story is that everyone is good at something. This story can easily appeal to children because the message is clear.

The theme of the story is that everyone is good at something. At the beginning of the story Annabelle thinks she is stupid but by the end she realizes that is not true. She realizes she is really good at math and counting. She even gets to count everyone's lunch money and get the snacks for them. That's why the theme of the story is that everyone is good at something.

I can see why this story would appeal to little kids. The message of the story is clear. It teaches kids that everyone is special in their own way. Kids who are just starting school can also relate to it. It can ease their nerves on starting school. I remember my mom read it to me right before I started kindergarten and it really helped me be less nervous. That is why I can see why this story would appeal to kids.

In conclusion, the message of the story is that everyone is good at something. This story can appeal to kids because the message is clear and kids can relate to it. It also helps calm their nerves about starting school.

No comments:

Post a Comment